LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatic Custom Button

Is there a way to access the TRUE, FALSE, or DECAL states of a Boolean using VI Server? I'd like to be able to load a picture into this button dynamically as opposed to creating a static Custom Control. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,538 Views)

OK.png

This little snippet might do the trick if you are selecting from a known list that is pre-determinable.

Esentially I cheated by floating the boolean over a picture ring and setting the BG color of the boolean to transparent.  You still can't paste a new picture into a picture ring at run-time so this may not be exactly what you are looking for.

OK.PNG

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,532 Views)

Thanks! That's certainly a quick work around. I'm hoping for a VI Server solution to this. I could always create an Xcontrol to perform the functionality I needed but I was hoping to save a little time. I could see your solution fitting in as part of that Xcontrol. Anyone have anymore thoughts on this? The answer might just be "No VI Server property for accessing this kind of button information".

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,529 Views)

Actually- just use a VI server ref and set the ring property Value.  the ring will show whatever picture is associated with that value Smiley Wink and we needn't worry about the button at all since its transparent.   (Told you I cheated)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,523 Views)

@Jeff Bohrer wrote:

You still can't paste a new picture into a picture ring at run-time so this may not be exactly what you are looking for.

True, but you could place a picture indicator on the front panel and place your transparent button over that.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,507 Views)

@Ravens Fan wrote:

@Jeff Bohrer wrote:

You still can't paste a new picture into a picture ring at run-time so this may not be exactly what you are looking for.

True, but you could place a picture indicator on the front panel and place your transparent button over that.

Just did that last week.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,491 Views)

@Ben wrote:

@Ravens Fan wrote:

@Jeff Bohrer wrote:

Just did that last week.

Ben

- I just did it yesterday! Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,479 Views)

So this sounds like the communities answer. I do not have access through VI server to access the Booleans TRUE, FALSE, and DECAL properties.

I'll take your advice and make an XControl with a transparent button and picture control. This way I can make my own dynamic button with properties which access items like ImageTrue, ImageFalse, ImageHover, etc.

Thanks so much for your input on this. When I finish the Xcontrol I'll post it here.

Craig

Message 8 of 8
(2,474 Views)