From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program no longer editable after task manager close

Gurus of Labview,

I recently started messing around with event structures and I created a program where I inadvertently created an infinite loop condition so the program had to be stopped using abort execution. Unfortunately, abort execution did not work so I had to close Labview using the task manager.

After I closed down Labview and reopened it, my VI can still be run, however, there is no capability to edit it because I cannot access the block diagram (the selection is grayed out). What exactly happened? Did I break Labview?

Sincerely yours, IdontknowanythingaboutLabviewapparently.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,139 Views)

@bravedonxiote wrote:

Gurus of Labview,

I recently started messing around with event structures and I created a program where I inadvertently created an infinite loop condition so the program had to be stopped using abort execution. Unfortunately, abort execution did not work so I had to close Labview using the task manager.

After I closed down Labview and reopened it, my VI can still be run, however, there is no capability to edit it because I cannot access the block diagram (the selection is grayed out). What exactly happened? Did I break Labview?

Sincerely yours, IdontknowanythingaboutLabviewapparently.

Sounds like the VI is corrupt.  Was there a recovery option?  Do you have an earlier version you can go back to?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,130 Views)