LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program a Tektronix AWG 5012C with LabView 8.5

How can I upload an array with 100000 values declared as a double into a user defined waveform list on a Tektronix AWG5012C?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,867 Views)

Hello,

I would recommend IVIScope - AcqWfm Edge Triggered.vi  within the example finder.  I think that will get you in the right direction.

Daniel

The attached Code is provided As Is. It has not been tested or validated as a product, for use in a deployed application or system, or for use in hazardous environments. You assume all risks for use of the Code and use of the Code is subject to the Sample Code License Terms which can be found at:http://ni.com/samplecodelicense

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,841 Views)
I'm not sure how a scope driver will help with an arb/function gen.

Go to help> find instrument drivers and do a search for 5012. Select the project style driver unless you really need IVI.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,835 Views)

Thank you for the reply. The link I got was for an oscilloscope. I need info on a Tektronix Arbitrary Waveform Generator model AWG5012C. If you have an example of how to pass an array of real numbers to the arb it would greatly be appreciated. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,815 Views)
I told you how to get the correct driver yourself.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,809 Views)

Drivers for a C model do not exist. I am using Visa write commands.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,806 Views)
Did you even try to use the driver? Did you look at the examples that come with it?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,803 Views)

I did look. There is one sub vi that will work for integers. I need to pass an array of real values not integers.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,799 Views)

I asked if you looked at the examples. There is one called Generate a Noisy Signal. It creates a waveform data type (this is a DBL in case you did not know) and uses a function called Import Waveform From LabVIEW. If this is not real close to what you are asking, please explain the differences.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,797 Views)

I did look at the examples. The one you said to look at, generate a noisy signal, will not work for me. I have 100,000 values between 1 and -1 in single point precision format. I did find an example that will accept integers only. This example then converts the byte array to a string and then sends it to the ARB. I need to send an array that has values other than just integers.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,790 Views)