From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with flickering Overlay

Hi,

I am currently writing a program were I need an Overlay on a picture.

I get the picture from a camera in a producer loop. In the consumer loop the reference to the picture is passed through a Sub-VI, where I use a Image-to-Array function. The reference on the image is passed through to another Sub-VI where I do the overlay. After this Sub-VI the pictuer is beeing displayed.

My Problem is, that the Overlay is flickering, meaning that I can see every picture from the camera, however some seem to not have an overlay.

I found a post with a similar problem where he solution seemed to be reinstalling LabView.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Flickering-overlay/m-p/370099

However this seemed to be because of a weird mistake during an update, which I never did. I am using LabView 10.

The code I posted is not yet finished and has some unnecessary stuff in it which I use for testing etc. so some parts may look weird. However the program currently works, except for the flickering. Still as I am new to LabView I also appreciate any other comments on the code.

Has anyone ever had a similar problem? Or did I just simply make any stupid mistake?

Thanks for your help!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,109 Views)

Hi,

I have tried your code a little bit. But I just was able to run the Sub VI which is creating the overlay. I just used any random picture and the overlay is displayed for every picture.

So I would suggest debugging th eSub VI at first and see what happens there, but I can't see any obvious problem.

Probably the VI is running so fast that you can't see the overlay. To test this please slow down the execution speed of the VI and see what happens.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards

Regina

Applikations Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,976 Views)