LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to protect Excel sheet

Hi All,

I am using Labview 7.0 and have successfully transported my data in to excel file. Further my requirement is to protect the excel sheet cell. I found many examples and codes for protecting sheet but my question is Can i make the excel sheet's cell write protected?? If yes than how ??

Also i came to know through those examples that using invoke node for Activex controls and selecting class as Excel._ worksheet, where i can set the method as Protect. To this invoke node i need to connect reference but don't know how to create reference for the new excel report??

If any one has idea abt that, then please.... guid me through vi's or snapshots.

Thanks & Regards,

Ratna

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,555 Views)

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to create reference of excel report ???

ratna

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,542 Views)

Does this help?

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Obtain-the-reference-of-a-worksheet-for-an-already-opened-Excel/td-p...

>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,535 Views)

Hi vt92,

Thanks for ur reply, i woluld suggest u to have a look at excel report.png image as this may clear my requirement. In that vi i have transffered my data into excel sheet (area marked with red colour box) after that i m bringing that worksheet to front n then saving the report. Now my requirement is to make that worksheet password protected before saving it.

Actually, I have gone through my discussion forums n found that to make worksheet password protected, need to use invoke node with class as Activex Excel._Worksheet n in that select method as protect but my confusion is wat input shuld i gave to that invoke node??? 

Regards,

Ratna

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,517 Views)