From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with communication Ethernet between labview and eurotherm EPC3008

Hello,

I am trying to control a thermal regulator : Eurotherm EPC3008 with LabVIEW 2017 but I have trouble to create the communication between the software and the instrument. The instrument is connected to a laptop with an Ethernet cable.

With a dedicated software (itools) I can communicate with the instrument, so the link seems to work.

But when I try to check the communication with labview thanks to NI-MAX, the Ethernet connection is never found. Whereas another instrument is directly found with a RS-232 connection. So I tried to add a new instrument with NI-MAX with the IP of my instrument but it is still not working. Even with NI-VISA I cannot find my instrument.

Thus I am wondering if I am missing some drivers but there are none for eurotherm EPC3008 on ni.com. 

Does someone have a clue to detect my instrument to use it with labview ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,557 Views)

Hi Tdefromo,

I could not find the LabVIEW driver for your sintrument either. According to Eurotherm website, you can directly make a LabVIEW driver request to them :

https://www.eurotherm.com/labview

Otherwise you can also try to copy a driver that was made for another Eurotherm instrument like the Eurotherm 3208. It may help.

Then you can troubleshoot the communication with your instrument using this tutorial :

Getting Started with Instrument Control

I hope it helps!

M-Junior

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,525 Views)

Thanks for the answer. The problem was a wrong port number while creating the connection with NI-MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,512 Views)

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,511 Views)