LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Built-in Mouse Wheel support for Numeric/Ring/Enum malfunction ?

When Numeric/Ring/Enum ctrl wired to connection pane, it's built-in mouse wheel function got disabled.  Still trigger mouse wheel event, just doesn't change value.  Is this by design?

LabVIEW 2019 SP1

Windows 7 Pro

George Zou
Message 1 of 7
(2,949 Views)

When I move the mouse wheel with a Control selected, in Windows 10, this moves the Control up and down on the pane.  I've never noticed that it changed the value (in LabVIEW), but maybe I'm not "doing it right".  However, if you can detect mouse-wheel movement, what is to stop you from trapping the Event and using it to change the Control's value up or down?  (My apologies if I've totally "missed the boat" on your question).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,884 Views)

However, if you can detect mouse-wheel movement, what is to stop you from trapping

> the Event and using it to change the Control's value up or down?

If you take a look my VI, you won't ask this question.

But it suppose to be a built-in feature, I don't see a good why it should be disabled when the ctrl wired to connection pane.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,879 Views)

Hi George,

I don't have an answer, but I see the same thing you saw and I agree it's weird.

That being said, I didn't previously know you could scroll on Ring controls without opening the dropdown...

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,875 Views)

By default, Built-In Mouse Wheel Support is set On Key Focus.

If you change it to On Hover, mouse wheel works even if the VI is not running.

Works great if you know the items and order, such as Monday, Tuesday, ...

image.png

George Zou
Message 5 of 7
(2,864 Views)

The increment\decrement key bindings also stop working when connected to the CP.

The focus key binding does work... The toggle (for Booleans) also work regardless a CP connection.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,853 Views)

The mouse-wheel functionality for controls on the connector pane has been fixed in LabVIEW 2021. I apologize that I missed including this in the list of fixed bugs when LabVIEW 2021 released.

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
Message 7 of 7
(1,716 Views)