LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with WebDAV VI on executable - Error 59

Hi all, got a head-banger tonight...

I have an application running on a myRIO 1900, logging tdms files to the default data folder. I have a desktop application that gets all the folders off the myRIO via WebDAV, puts them in Public Documents, then deletes them off the myRIO. It works fine from LabVIEW and it works fine from an executable in my development PC. When I use it on from another PC, I get Error 59: The network is down, unreachable or has been reset.

I have tried the following:

1. Verified WebDAV server is on myRIO and working (checked software from web interface, MAX, and mapped it as a network drive on the non-working PC just to see if I could. All fine)
  2. Implemented a loop to try multiple ways of calling the WebDAV server (all fail)
  3. Static IP addresses on RIO and PC
  4. Wired and Wireless connections - both work on dev computer, neither work on other computer
  5. Swore. A lot.
  6. Extremely long timeouts (60,000ms)

My VI is attached from LV 2019. If anyone wants an earlier version to try just let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you,

NelsonJ

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,570 Views)

When you connect your hardware over the network, the Microsoft Analyzer Tool performs a Domain Name System (DNS) lookup to retrieve the server host IP address. If the DNS cannot find the host name, you will see this error.

Make sure that your device does not have a static IP address. If it does, change the IP address so that it can be retrieved by DNS lookup. 

You can also check to see if the host resource record exists by using nslookup in the command prompt window. If the record does not exist or is incorrect, we can modify it to be correctly recognized. See the Microsoft document in the Related Links section for additional instructions on how to do this, and for more information on troubleshooting DNS.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,458 Views)

Did you find a solution?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,166 Views)