LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems linking to DLLs

I am using DLL's that were written in C# to do database calls in my program. For some reason, I am having a real problem where the link to the DLL constructor keeps disappearing. I have to manually go back and re-link all of my constructor nodes and method calls. The DLL's are all kept in the same directory as the labview code. This occurs when using both the developement code and the compiled executable. We have double-checked all the DLL versions and verified that they are correct. After re-linking each of the DLL's the code works for a while, then it loses it's link again and has to be manually re-linked to work. It is not causing the program to crash, the writes to the database error-out and the program ceases to operate as expected. The problem is quite annoying, but worst of all, we can't figure out how to resolve the issue since we are not sure what is causing it. Numerous times we have gone to "tools/advanced/.NET Assembly reference" and removed everything and then re-added all the required DLLs back in. This does not fix the problem of the disappearing link to the Constructor. If anyone has ideas or has experienced this strange problem, please respond as we are at our wits end on this one...

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,631 Views)
Have you registered your DLL? Sometimes these problems are caused by having a DLL unregistered or moving one that is registered.

Another possible problem is multiple DLLs with the same name, but I don't think that is your problem.

Hope that this helps
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,623 Views)
I appreciate your response. My co-worker and I discovered today, much to our joy, that the problem was linked to the version of .net framework on the machine. It turns out that our machines, which didn't exhibit this problem, have 1.1 and the problem machine was still at 1.03750, go figure...

Problem solved, thanks
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,615 Views)
When I RUN MAX AUTOMATION, I get this!

NIMAX has caused an error in RPCRT4.DLL
NIMAX will now close.

When I close I get this!

* MY SYSTEM
* REMOTE SYSTEMS

After this I cannot proceed so I EXIT. My friend has suggested to UNINSTALL LV + MAX and REINSTALL LV + MAX. I am reluctant as many FILES need to configured , thus delaying my work. Please HELP.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,606 Views)
tronchaser:

Glad you figured it out. I have done some .NET dll calls in LV and things went fairly smooth. But your findings will be kept in the back of my mind for future reference as to what could go awry.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,595 Views)
When I RUN MAX AUTOMATION, I get this!

NIMAX has caused an error in RPCRT4.DLL
NIMAX will now close.

When I close I get this!

* MY SYSTEM
* REMOTE SYSTEMS

After this I cannot proceed so I EXIT. My friend has suggested to UNINSTALL LV + MAX and REINSTALL LV + MAX. I am reluctant as many FILES need to configured , thus delaying my work. Please HELP.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,571 Views)