LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems installing LabVIEW 8.6 in Windows 7

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I am using Windows 7 OS and have problems installing LabVIEW 8.6 Student Edition with that. Previously when I was using Vista OS, there were no problems. Is there anyway I can get around with this?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,415 Views)

Did you try a search? LabVIEW 8.6 is not supported on Windows 7. Some people have been able to install it by running setup.exe directly, others have not. Some people have been able to use XP Mode. Your mileage may vary.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,406 Views)
Which version of windows 7? What kind of errors do you get? (For example installing under windows 7 starter edition (typically on a netbook) might need some tweaking of the setup.ini file. I recently installed LabVIEW 8.2 under w7 enterprise 64bit without any problems.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,398 Views)

@altenbach wrote:
Which version of windows 7? What kind of errors do you get? (For example installing under windows 7 starter edition (typically on a netbook) might need some tweaking of the setup.ini file. I recently installed LabVIEW 8.2 under w7 enterprise 64bit without any problems.

Aside: was this the 32-bit LabVIEW 8.2 or the 64-bit 8.2 LabVIEW (not sure if there ever was a 64-bit LabVIEW 8.2 for that matter)? My understanding was that it was possible (though not always successful) to install older 32-bit LabVIEW on 32-bit Win7, as well as 64-bit LabVIEW on Win7 64-bit, but you couldn't get 32-bit LabVIEW on 64-bit Win 7.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,384 Views)

Have been able to run LV8.6.1 ( Full Dev ) on a Win7 Professional 32bit machine running in the XP compatibility mode.  Was stable but slow.  You need a good processor and lots of ram.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,377 Views)

UPDATE: Oddly enough, I decided to try running the LabVIEW 8.2 setup.exe in XP compatibility mode and it actually installed. I know I had tried it before and it didn't. Weird.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,371 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RUBEN MJ

When we installed 8.6 on our 7 machine we were getting errors also.  I found this link posted by smerc here and running it from the distributions folder worked for us. 

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,363 Views)