From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with rotation in 3D picture control

Hi everyone:

I am trying to create an image of a human finger with 3D picture control, but in a simpler way. I intended to use three square boxes which are created by using Create Box VI.. Then I use Translate Invoke Node to line them up one after another. Then, I use Rotation Invoke Node to manipulate the rotation of the second and the third box. But, here are the problems.

The first problem: How can I rotate the second box(Green box) around the edge of the first box(Red box), so that when the green box rotates, it doesn't overlap with the red box. I want it to be the same with the blue box, so that the blue box rotates around the edge of the green box. 

The second problem: At the moment, the third box(Blue box) is rotating around the origin of the first box(Red box), how can I change it so that the blue box rotates around the edge of the second box(Green box). 

I have attached the VI to this post. Please could anyone help me.

Thanks very much

Tommy Yip

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,019 Views)

Sorry, the VI that I attached in the previous post is incorrect. 

The file attached to this post is the correct one. I set the rotation axis as z-axis, but in the previous post is just a control. So please ignore the previous file. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,017 Views)