LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with "save as" for a lvlib

Hi guys
I am trying to make a copy of a bigger LabVIEW project. The whole project is contained within a single project library (lvlib), which has a number of sublibraries. After I choose "save as" for the topmost lvlib, I enter the new library name and location. Finally, the process stops with the following error: 'LabVIEW: Generic error. Cannot save library "xxx.lvlib"'. Nothing is copied. Do you have any ideas where the problem can be?
Vladimir

View my profile on LinkedIn
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,526 Views)
Hello,

Not sure off the top of my head, but have you tried saving it in other ways?  For example, you could save all the source you have in that library to another folder on disk, and then create a new project + library, and use the Add File... or Add Folder features to add/link your fresh copy of code to the new library.

It's only a workaround but may help in the short term.

Also, any chance you can reproduce this with something small enough to attach?

Best Regards,

JLS
Best,
JLS
Sixclear
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,506 Views)

Hi JLS

Thanks for your help. However, if I just copied the VIs into a different folder, their mutual links would not be preserved. This is a major pain when copying bigger LV projects. Copying the whole lvlib solves this issue quite well.

Actually, I've already solved my problem. There were some invalid VI references in some of my VIs. Since they were included only in disabled diagram structures, the code worked well, but for the lvlib copying, probaby they caused the mentioned problem. Since I removed them, the copying works fine.

Vladimir

View my profile on LinkedIn
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,495 Views)
Vlad:

I am glad things are working now. Feel free to post if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Rudi N.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,478 Views)