From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with build in LabVIEW 8.2

Hi, all
Recently, I've started working with LV8.20.
I have some problems with building my application.
I have a very big project that includes more then 2000 VIs. There is a main VI that i built exe from it, and many LLBs, that  I made a source distribution from each of them.
The main exe call dynamically to other VI's that are found in source distribution LLBs.
When I try to open 2 VI's that each of them is found in its own LLB, LabVIEW send an error message:
      "This VI is connected with a library that does not include the VI. The VI might have been deleted from the library. Add the VI to the library again or select File»Disconnect from  Library". (See attachment)

The entire department is at a loss - We'll appreciate any help.

Regards,
Nadav Chernin
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,338 Views)
Hi Nadav,

Thanks for attaching the screenshot. Have you tried opening up these LLB files themselves and seeing if the VIs are contained within them? If they are not, you will need to re-add them, as the error message itself describes. One way to do this is to open up the VI, go to File->Save As, and select Save as type, all files. Then, find the llb file and save it inside there.

Alternatively, you may want to try doing as the error describes, using File->Disconnect from library and possibly re-adding it.

Let me know how it goes!
-Sam F, DAQ Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,309 Views)
Hi,Sam
Thanks for you answer.

All LLBs includes these VIs. I opened one of VIs and  it was still connected to the library. I don't understand why i can't save these VIs to source distribution disconnected from lib?

Your second suggestion to make disconnection by myself is not possible because i have hundrends of such VIs
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,295 Views)
Hi Nadav,

Was this setup ever working for you before these errors? If so, what have you changed recently to cause this? Also, I am having trouble visualizing your setup, so if you wouldn't mind, please reply back with a screenshot of the project explorer window.

Have you tried remaking the project or the libraries?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,258 Views)
Hi, Sam
Thank you for you answers.
You asked me what setup i worked before these errors: before it we worked in LabVIEW 7.1. We made exe from each LLB, and main VI call dinamically to VI from exe.
Currently we work with Source Distribution because there is not possibility to call VI from exe.
Our problem is that VIs from library connected to library also in Source Distr. There is way to disconnect them when we create Source Distr?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,243 Views)
Hi, Sam

I added zip that include example of my problem:

The actions I made:
Build "Basic Function Generator.llb"
Build "Tones and Noise Waveform.llb"
Run "Main NI Problem.vi"
The Error MSG I get:

Possible reason(s):
LabVIEW:  The VI is not executable. Most likely the VI is broken or one of its subVIs cannot be located.  Open the VI in LabVIEW using File>>Open and verify that it is runnable.
Method Name: Run VI
VI Path: Y:\TS Build\Test\Basic Function Generator.llb\Basic Function Generator.vi

Please help!
Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,215 Views)
Hi Nadav,

I noticed while building one of your source distributions that there is a name collision warning. What I did was basically delete your source distributions, and make ONE new one that contains all of the VIs that you are going to call dynamically, called simply "My Source Distribution".

I also modified your top level VI to change the path of these dynamic VIs to be found in My Source Distribution.llb\Basic Function Generator etc.

In Source File Settings, I excluded the main VI but included the VIs to be called dynamically (I noticed you include the top level VI in your source distributions). In Additional Settings, I checked the boxes to include files in vi.lib etc

I've attached the modified project and it works fine for me - make sure the created llb from the source distribution is in the same directory as the top level VI. Check it out and let me know if you have any further questions for me!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,183 Views)
Hi, Sam
Thank for your answer.

You suggestion is not possible for us, because we have application that include more then 2000 VIs, and we make many Source Distr, because we dont  want build 1 big file with volume more then 0.5G, also it is very hard to upgrade such system, because after each changing that i wil made in VI, i will must to build big Source Distr again.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,163 Views)
Hi Nadav,

As Sam mentioned before the problem is with your Basic Function Generator.llb build. After the build there is a warning stating a name collision and that you will not be able to run a VI dynamically if it is called from the source distribution. In your main VI you are doing exactly that.

To solve this issue I have simply deleted the LLB and the build under Build Specifications then recreated it. We still have two source distributions which are called dynamically. Let me know if you have any other questions.

| Michael K | Project Manager | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments |

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,132 Views)
Michael K. | Applications Engineer

| Michael K | Project Manager | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments |

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,130 Views)