LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Ocean Optics USB4000 driver

Dear all,

I've just started using LabView and trying to make program for ocean optics USB 4000. I downloaded the driver from NI website and followed all the instructions (especially installing the USB driver) but the example program is still not working. It said : Error -1074001919 occurred at Ocean Optics 2000 4000.lvlib:Read Spectra.vi; Instrument not synchronized properly. Power cycle the instrument. I tried the example program at my lab's computer which use LabView 2010 and windows XP and at my own computer which use windows 7 and LabView 8.5. I was hoping someone could help me with this problem.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Fainan 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,533 Views)

Hello ff123,

Are you able to recognize the device in Measurement Automation & Explorer?  If so are you able to perform any other actions with this device?  If so would you be able to post a screenshot of the problematic portion of your code.  

You may also find this thread useful since it discusses the USB4000.  Page 16 of this thread may be especially useful since they discuss the same error you are encountering.

Regards,

David A

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,476 Views)

Hi David,

Sorry for the late response, yes the MAX can detect this device and also the monochromator. Please take a look at the attached screen shot. Thank you.

Regards,

Fainan

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,419 Views)

According to the user manual for the Ocean Optics USB4000 you need to apply an external trigger to the device to get it to synchronize properly.  The bottom of page 18 in the user manual of the device states that "the software will appear 'frozen' until an External Trigger Input Signal is detected." 

http://www.oceanoptics.com/technical/USB4000operatinginstructions.pdf

Are you applying this external trigger?

Have you tried cycling power to the device?

This same issue appears to have been discussed at the fifth post of page 16 of this thread: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Ocean-Optics-USB4000-Spectrometer/td-p/550550/page/16  

You may find their troubleshooting efforts useful as well.  

David A.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,400 Views)