LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with LabVIEW Web Service implementation

Solved!
Go to solution

Can you, please, show the example of your code?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,560 Views)

I'm currently dealing with network issues so I cannot include my project.  However, I'm following (I believe exactly) the example described here:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361K-01/lvhowto/build_web_service/

Once I create the add.vi, I run it.  The first time this worked fine.  Attempting to change the doubles to strings fails.  Attempting to sum three doubles fails.  I even tried to create the project from scratch a second time and failed.  I feel I am missing something fundamental, but am somehow unable to see it.

I've tried a variety of things and continue to get errors attempting to start the web service.  These errors range include 67003, 67019, 67501 and are described here:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lverror/web_services_error_codes/

The error descriptions are not helping me.  Maybe someone else can provide some insight.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,555 Views)

Maybe, of course, it is the silly question, but do you do Deploy (or Publishing) of your web service each time, when you do changes in the VIs? Or you simply do some changes in the VI, and run web service, without its deploying?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,540 Views)

Per the tutorial, I right click the web service item in the project, then stop.  Make changes, then simply attempt to START.  This gives these errors.  I have tried to publish the webservice, but that only succeeds if the debug run actually works.  I don't recall if I get the same errors in the failed publish attempt or not, but the net effect is that if debug works, it works.  Otherwise, it fails.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,531 Views)

The issue is that you must save your VI web method before hitting "start" on the web service. This is a known issue in LV 2013.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,525 Views)

That's interesting.  Because SOME of the changes I've made DO NOT require saving and work just fine.

Yes, saving after EVERY change seems to have corrected my issue.  I've successfully passed numerics and strings in and out.  Next I'll try passing files.

My next question:  Where do I locate a posting of all the "known issues" for LabView 2013?  And is does this list distinguish betwen the Pro, Full, Student, etc. versions?  And what about the FPGA module, FGEN module, Application builder, etc.?

I do want to say Thank You for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,503 Views)

I need to use web services to display my front panel data in a browser. Now, my front panel has four graphs and a couple of leds. I followed all the steps in the tutorial and I could perform the add.vi wihout any problem. Since I am from a non-CS bg, I am not sure about configuring the http replated vis. I have no idea what to do in case I need to display the front panel with grpahs and leds. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Vysh

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,473 Views)