LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with IVI compliance package 2.2 / XML Parser

Hello,
I cannot communicate with an NI PXI-4060 DMM device via LabView 7.1 and NI-DMM 2.4.3.  The error I get is this:

"niDMM Initialize.vi<ERR>The specified configuration store file could not be deserialized.
Elaboration: IviConfigServer.IviConfigStore.1: Deserialize failed.  Can not create XML DOMDocument.  Please check your XML parser installation."

I have very similar problems posted and there is a Knowledgebase article about a similar error comming from MAX.  I CAN communicate with the device from MAX...I cannot communicate with the device via LabView 7.1 / DMM 2.4.3.  I get the same error when running the ini xml converter as standalone.

The system is a P4 WinXP Pro SP2 with the latest IE 6.0.  Any help would be most appreciated.

Things I have already tried:
    - Communicating with other hardware ...ie. an NI PXI Switch module.... I get the same error.
    - Uninstalling the IVI shared resources via the official IVI clean up utility, then reinstalling the shared componants and IVI compliance package/drivers (NI-DMM)
    - Unistalling all NI software and beginning from scratch

None of this has worked.  I know that the hardware is good since it has been used with another PC just last night.
Thank you...I hope someone can help.
~ J Soucy
CLA, CCVID, Certified Instructor
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,440 Views)
Hello JS,

It is possible that some other software on your system could have installed the XML parser so you should try to install the XML parser from the Microsoft web site or  
to register the msxml4.dll (Start>>Run menu: regsvr32 msxml4.dll)

We have recently had an issue where the Intel network drivers haven't been properly registering the msxml4.dll on the system.

Please let us know if this does not solve the problem!

Thanks and regards,
Vesna 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,425 Views)
Thanks for the reply.  I have not been able to try this out yet.  The machine I was working on had to be shipped, so we just ghosted it with a working Windows2000 drive that contained the same software.  When I get to reconfigure a new XP machine I'll give this a shot.
~ JS
CLA, CCVID, Certified Instructor
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,397 Views)

Hello JS,

Was facing the same problem as u .....but after doing (Start>>Run menu: regsvr32 msxml4.dll) as gagi1 said MAX din't give me "Elaboration: IviConfigServer.IviConfigStore.1: Deserialize failed.  Can not create XML DOMDocument.  Please check your XML parser installation." error message...

Thanks gagi1 for the info...

Regards,

Vicky.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,276 Views)

Can you tell me where i can find this Knowledge base on this error that i'm having too on a similar machine?.

Thankyou

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,959 Views)

Hello PincoG,

A search for the error code given with this message produces the Knowledge Base linked below.  I hope this is what you were looking for.  If you find that your problems persist, please post back with details regarding your system configuration and the error you are encountering.

Error -1074130432: "The specified configuration store file could not be deserialized"

Regards,

Jennifer O.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,934 Views)

Dear Jennifer

i solved my problem registering msxml4.dll (Start>>Run menu: regsvr32 msxml4.dll).

But on the page you linked there is a link error that taked me here again:

Problem with IVI Compliance Package 2.2 / XML Parser

Can you put here the corrected link?

Thankyou

greetings

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,921 Views)
Hi Pinco,

I am glad to hear that your problem is fixed. Thank you for pointing out the error in the Knowledge Base.  I will promptly correct this.

Regards,

Jennifer O.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,896 Views)
I had the same problem as described above when calling:

ViStatus viStatus = niFgen_init(viResource, VI_TRUE, VI_TRUE, &m_session);   

It turns out the solution below fixed the problem.  I just needed to register the msxml4.dll library.

Hello JS,

It is possible that some other software on your system could have installed the XML parser so you should try to install the XML parser from the Microsoft web site or  
to register the msxml4.dll (Start>>Run menu: regsvr32 msxml4.dll)

We have recently had an issue where the Intel network drivers haven't been properly registering the msxml4.dll on the system.

Please let us know if this does not solve the problem!

Thanks and regards,
Vesna

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,482 Views)