From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Agilent 34970a driver in Labview, cannot perform advanced measurements

Thanks for the link.But most of them dont have downloadable links.

Anyways Was hust wondering what is the difference in EZscan vi's and advanced Scan Vi's that come as examples in 34907A driver.

I do see that there is trigger and operation completion bit used in advanced scan Vi.

BUt i dont understand the advantage of advanced scan Vi ove rthe normal easy scan vi's.

T

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(635 Views)

Good Afternoon siva0182,

The Advanced features are only there for users who require that extra level of control.  Generally, the Easy and Advanced are the same core code, but the advanced has some "extra" features.  If you do not need the extra features of the Advanced Scan, you should use the Easy Scan.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 23
(623 Views)
Yes but with Easy scan the instrument makes click sound every time it takes measurement. Advanced lets you define sampling frekvency (time period between scans) and number of scans and instrument measures and does not click every time just returns measurements when it is finished. If we want to use Easy scan in similar manner we have to place it in "while" or "for" loop and put some timing in it to define time interval between scans. But then instrument makes click sound every time it takes measurement which is annoying if you have time interval of 0,1 second...   Could this clicking in Easy scan bee avoided and how? I tried to put all in and some out of "for" or "while" loop but nothing helps... 
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 23
(618 Views)