LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Agilent 34970a driver in Labview, cannot perform advanced measurements

I think OPC is good because example works with opc...
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 23
(1,308 Views)
Don't be silly. The example READS OPC. It does not set it like you are doing. OPC means operation complete and the whole point of doing a read of it is to give the instrument time to perform the scan before reading the results. Your code has the opposite effect. You set the OPC bit before the operation actually has time to run.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 23
(1,307 Views)
I tried to modify example but example works just for about 10 seconds not longer , then reports error... this is never ending story
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23
(1,301 Views)

Dear Dennis

I have to measure data over atime period.So I thought using the loop is the only option.

Anyways I am attaching my vi here for your reference.

You can tell me if there is any problem with the vi which makes the program run not faster than 5-7 HZ for a single temperature reading.

Also I have tried both RS232 and GPIB but the speeds are the same in both the cases.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 23
(1,282 Views)
Ok this is what worked in my case in the picture
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 23
(1,274 Views)
what was the speeds achievable?
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 23
(1,266 Views)
I am not sure what do you meen by speeds? I measure only one channel currently
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 23
(1,264 Views)
When I mean speed I mean the fastest rate of reading.ie the time lag between one reading at one instant and the next reading of the same channel at the next instant.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 23
(1,253 Views)

Well honestly I did not test what is highest speed I measure 10 HZ, = 10 samples in second during 5 to 10 minutes. That is all I need

I think that User manual says something about max speeds....

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 23
(1,224 Views)

siva maybe this can help you there are some labview programs made for 34970a

http://ostarrichi.ch/klaus.ruzicka/klaus/labview/labview.htm

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 23
(1,200 Views)