From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when creating an LabView application installer

Hello,

I use LabView 2014 version 14.0f1 (32-bit) on windows XP professional.

I created an executable and an installer of a GUI i have created .

I installed the application on Win XP and it worked fine .

the problem starts when i try to install the application on another PC , after i click on the installer it installing precentage bar remains on 0% and doesn't progress at all.

(The problem occured just recently , it used to work fine on Win 7....don't know what happened)

thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,292 Views)

@omerdf wrote:

Hello,

I use LabView 2014 version 14.0f1 (32-bit) on windows XP professional.

I created an executable and an installer of a GUI i have created .

I installed the application on Win XP and it worked fine .

the problem starts when i try to install the application on another PC , after i click on the installer it installing precentage bar remains on 0% and doesn't progress at all.

(The problem occured just recently , it used to work fine on Win 7....don't know what happened)

thanks in advance.

Did the problem occur recently, or did you just find out now you try to install it on WinXP? WinXP is different from Win 7, and proper functioning on Win 7 does not guarantee the same on WinXP.

Did you tell the installer to be compatible with WinXP? Under Advanced>System Requirements, you must include "Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later". And the WinXP machine needs to be service pack 2 or later.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,253 Views)

yes i changed it to Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later.

it worked fine before ( i succeeded to install it on win 7 , this problem just happened recently...and i havnt changed any properties)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,249 Views)

@omerdf wrote:

...and i havnt changed any properties)

Changing from Windows 7 to Windows XP is a big property you've changed!

Seems like a step back, but I suppose it should work...

Did you make sure the target Windows XP machine has service pack 2?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,243 Views)

Sorry i might have described the problem not properly ,

The installation file was created on Win XP , then , i copied the instalation file to Win 7 and tried to install it there...

and it just doesn't progress and stays at 0%...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,240 Views)