LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem using remote front panels on parallels

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using LabVIEW for windows using parallels on my mac. Whenever I make a website using remote front panels the website address ends up satrtiing with 10.211.55.3, which is the parallels network IP. For example the wesite URL created was http://10.211.55.3:8000/add.html. If I use LabVIEW using bootcamp on my mac i get a valid URL starting with the IP address of the computer. I can then access this website from another computer and successfully control my VI.

So my questions is.... does anyone know of a way I can use LabVIEW using parallels on my mac and make a valid website using remote front panels. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,912 Views)

Hi Maddie,

I am not familiar with Mac, but I believe Parallels acts as a virtual machine and Boot Camp let you install Windows OS on a Mac; hence the different IP address. One thing I can think of is to make sure the Web Server is enabled. To launch the configuration from LabVIEW, select Tools -> Options -> Web Server -> Configure Web Application Server.

I think it is also worth a try to contact Parallels and see what they think.

Ren H.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,849 Views)
Solution
Accepted by MaddieDrake
Thank you for your response. After trying many things I have figured it out. You can go to parallels "configure" settings, go to "hardware" then "network". Where it says "source" change it to "Wi-Fi".
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,829 Views)