LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem resolving two errrors

Hi,

I was wanted to try the simulation a member posted on a forum. https://forums.ni.com/t5/Power-Electronics-Development/How-to-simulate-the-temperature-energy-effici...

I have downloaded Labview and Multisim evaluation packages (see below) and associated add on's as in per the instructions on the page.

https://forums.ni.com/ni/attachments/ni/grp-1891/507/1/TRANSISTOR%20THERMAL%20%26%20Lifetime%20Simul...

However, I can't seem to get the simulations to work and get the following errors

1) The first error is with the Half_Bridge_Diode_Thermal programme. 

2) The second is with the FPGA Half Bridge Control programme: The error message states item configured incorrectly.

Student_Andy_1-1604248839570.pngStudent_Andy_0-1604248514761.png

I hoping you may be able to help me, as I have no experience of using Labview, but wanted to explore this application.

Kind regards,

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,247 Views)

Hi Andy,

do you mind to attach images which are not downscaled so we can actually read the error messages?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,238 Views)

Hi,

Sorry about that. It would be useful to actually see what the problem is.

This is the first problem.

Student_Andy_0-1604307366275.png

This is the second problem

Student_Andy_1-1604307525870.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,167 Views)

Picture 1: Do you have the simulation toolkit installed?

Picture 2: Do you have the LabVIEW FPGA module installed and are opening the VI under the FPGA target?

Note that you can always double-click on an error in the list and it will take you to the problem diagram location.

How much do you know about LabVIEW? Have you done the tutorials listed on the top of the forum?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,160 Views)

Hi,

Thanks you for your reply. Yes I can confirm I have both of the simulation toolkit installed and the FPGA module.

In terms of Labview experience, I'm a complete novice. I've done some tutorials from a book on Labview by John Essick. 

It must be something I'm doing wrong on opening the programme, as on the page where I downloaded the programme from it clearly shows it working https://forums.ni.com/t5/Power-Electronics-Development/How-to-simulate-the-temperature-energy-effici...

Could it be to me using the latest version of Labview?

Kind regards,

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,154 Views)

Let me give you an analogy:  You are a high-school student, taking your first "Shop" class (where you learn about hand-tools, maybe a drill press, maybe a wood lathe).  You decide to construct a Formula-One Race Car, and go to the "Shop Forum" and ask "Can you explain how a carburetor works?"

You describe yourself as a complete novice.  I've been using LabVIEW for more than a decade (and had considerable experience with programming before that), and the topics you are discussing I would consider a bit of a stretch for me.

Spend a year or two learning basic LabVIEW.  Walk before you try to tear through the streets of Le Mans at many km/hr ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,139 Views)

I don't know much about FPGA, but on the 1st picture you've simply missed/forgot to wire several inputs. The Boolean to 1:0 don't have any Boolean inputs, for example.

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,119 Views)