LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem installing LINX 3.0 on Raspberry Pi 3

Solved!
Go to solution

Have you gone to the LINX forums yet?  It was very helpful to me to get my setup up and running.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 28
(4,772 Views)

My device is a Raspberry Pi 3, should I still do it?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 28
(4,757 Views)

Yea I would try it.  I’ve done it with a Pi 3, you may just have a slightly newer one and they may have bumped up the CPU.  It’s not going to treat it as a RBP 2, all that change will do is allow the example to launch because it will identify you Pi as something other than unknown.

I saw my father do some work on a car once as a kid and I asked him "How did you know how to do that?" He responded "I didn't, I had to figure it out."
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 28
(4,756 Views)

Well, I tried it and the problem still persists..

I created another case to recognize the BCM2835 as a Raspberry Pi 2 but it still gives me the same message.. Now what?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 28
(4,725 Views)

Raspberry Pi 2 or Raspberry Pi 2 B?  It has to be Raspberry Pi 2 B exactly as the original case.

When you try to launch an example, it first checks to make sure that the device type isn't just blank.

Capture.PNG

Then it checks to make sure it is either Raspberry Pi 2 B or BeagleBone Black, and those are exact, spaces and capitals matter.

Capture.PNG

The message that pops up and says "...is not a supported LINX target.", does it still say unknown or does it say "Raspberry Pi 2" now?  If it still says unknown, then it is either not executing the BCM2835 case or you are returning the wrong device type string.  it's probably the former, as you also need to add BCM2835 to the regex array as well.  It is likely returning BCM2835 but since it isn't searching for that string, the default case gets called returning a device type of Unknown.

Capture.PNG

I saw my father do some work on a car once as a kid and I asked him "How did you know how to do that?" He responded "I didn't, I had to figure it out."
Message 15 of 28
(4,717 Views)

To get it to be recognized on a Windows network by name, I believe you have to configure Samba; otherwise, just access it by its IP address.  it should come up as RP2.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 28
(4,711 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Liepo

This solved it for me:

https://www.labviewmakerhub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2989&p=11322&hilit=unknown+is+a+not+LINX...

Aparently the issue was the version of the raspbian

Message 17 of 28
(4,697 Views)

Glad you sorted it out... and THANK YOU for posting your findings and marking your post as the solution.  This will enable people that have the same problem to have an easier time solving their issue than you did.  (Sorry, someone has to blaze the trail, right?)  😄

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 28
(4,690 Views)

I’m curious with the older Raspian, does it now identify it as a BCM2709?

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 28
(4,686 Views)

thank you very much.  it worked out for me

@Liepo wrote:

This solved it for me:

https://www.labviewmakerhub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2989&p=11322&hilit=unknown+is+a+not+LINX...

Aparently the issue was the version of the raspbian

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 28
(4,464 Views)