From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in a VI changing from 32 to 64 bits

@Sergey_Kolbunov wrote:
LabVIEW 32-bit under Win7 64-bit OS should be right to use 32-bit dlls.

But - at least by my interpretation - he was using LV 2011 64 bit.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,041 Views)

I think the 32 bit and 64 bit DLL debate is a non-issue in this specific case. IMAQ Vision is available for both and if the wrong DLL was used it wouldn't crash at runtime but the IMAQ Vision VIs would be broken at load-time and never would allow the application to be run.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,020 Views)

I thought that it crashes and returns an error about running a 32 bit dll in a 64 bit application.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,013 Views)

billko escribió:

I thought that it crashes and returns an error about running a 32 bit dll in a 64 bit application.

No, it doesn't.

Just to make things clear in case it helps and anyone has any idea:

The program worked in 32bit labview running in a 32bit Windows 7 computer.

Now, when calling certain IMAQ Vision functions (such as IMAQ BCG lookup.vi) LabVIEW crashes and  gives no reason, just closes. This happens in both LabVIEW 32 and 64 bit BUT running in a 64bit Windows 7 computer.

We are sure that we do not have any broken wires or error in data type when the program runs,...

These are the only things that we know for sure.

Thank you all for the comments.

Julene

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(992 Views)

@JMadariaga wrote:

billko escribió:

No, it doesn't.

Just to make things clear in case it helps and anyone has any idea:

The program worked in 32bit labview running in a 32bit Windows 7 computer.

Now, when calling certain IMAQ Vision functions (such as IMAQ BCG lookup.vi) LabVIEW crashes and  gives no reason, just closes. This happens in both LabVIEW 32 and 64 bit BUT running in a 64bit Windows 7 computer.

We are sure that we do not have any broken wires or error in data type when the program runs,...

These are the only things that we know for sure.

Thank you all for the comments.

Julene

Sorry, of course you guys are right.  I haven't worked so long with this issue, I had forgotten that that message pops up in edit mode when you first try to use it.

Thank you for restating your problem.  This is definitely different than what I was envisioning.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(976 Views)

You can check this link for further information:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/10383/en/

Jesús

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(946 Views)