cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem importing Instrument Driver Rigol RGDP800

Solved!
Go to solution

HI, 

I am trying to import the IVI driver provided by RIGOL for it DP832 power supply.

The problem appers when I try to import it using the Instrument Driver Import Wizard on LabVIEW 2015 64bits.

If I clic Option Basic, choosing rgdp800.fp file provided by RIGOL, I obtain the error at Figure 1 in the attached file. 

If I clic Option Advanced, There is an error trying to import/load the rgdp800_64.dll. The generated report is also attached.

If I open the driver on the NI MAX, also the rgdp800_64.dll does not appear (Figure 8).

Then, I think that the problem is that the rgdp800_64.dll is not included or I can not generate it.

I am running LAbVIEW 2015 64 bits in a 64 bits Windows 10

What could be the solution?

All the best. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,244 Views)

Hello,

I suspect the issue would most likely be that the DLL is a 32bit DLL and you are trying to use this in LabVIEW 64 bit, the bitness must match.

I am wondering, why are you using LabVIEW 64 bit?

Could you provide a link to the download page for the driver also?

Best regards,

Ed

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,183 Views)

HI Ed,

first of all, thank you very much for you response.

I am using LabVIEW 64bits because my O.S is Windows 10 64bits. I suspect that I can not run LabVIEW 32bits on my laptop.

The link from I download the driver: https://www.rigolna.com/products/dc-power-supplies/dp800/

or http://hplcint.rigol.com/support/ivi/more.html look for: DP800

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,181 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author uhernand

Hi,

Okay there is two things I would like you to try:

Open one of the VI's you referenced in your document and click the broken arrow, then inspect the errors and see what they are explaining.

With regards to bitness support, you can indeed run LabVIEW 32 bit with Windows 64 bit. I run Windows 7 64 bit with LabVIEW 32 or 64 bit. With LabVIEW 64 bit less modules are actually supported, like the FPGA module, so you are actually losing support for features.

There are only as far as I am aware, ever two reasons to use 64 bit:

1. Large data management greater than 4Gb of memory.

2. Faster transfer speeds with hardware - very very rare.

I would suggest to move to LabVIEW 32 bit, I'm not sure if the error will say straight away whether it is a bitness mismatch but I would definitely try LabVIEW 32 bit with your system.

Essentially, you can run 32 bit applications on 64 bit OS's but not 64 bit applications on 32 bit OS's.

Best regards,

Ed

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,179 Views)

Hi Ed,

sorry for the delay in my answer, but yesterday, NI web site was not available.

I am setting up LabVIEW 32 bits... I will report you if I can fix the error.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,158 Views)

Hi Ed!

Problem solved!

Installing the 32bits version of LabVIEW the program runs perfectly 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,152 Views)

Hello,

Brilliant, could you mark the solution and the thread as solved?

Thanks,

Ed

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,149 Views)