From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem generating word report

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to generate word report lately but it never worked. At first it was a compatibility issue since I had labview 32bit while my OS is windows10 64bit, but I'm still facing the same problem even when I installed labview 64bit.

Here's a photo of the error message.

Thank you for your help!

PS: Generating excel file does work.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,793 Views)

Hi Syrine,

You can use some example of local help of LV to see the reaction of the code.

Why you don't use error cluster ?

This tutorial will help you : Report generation

reagards,

Fred.

Kudos are welcome!Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,771 Views)

Hi Fred, I tried other examples but it's the same problem again even with error cluster. I believe it is related the OS or Active X like it says in the message (Error -2147417846) and in that case i dont know what to do.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,758 Views)

Hi,

I think in this case you must find the description of the error code on the web like specified in the message.

But, send me in the first time the version 2015 of  your vi.

Regards,

Fred.

kudos are welcome!Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,750 Views)

You can use 32-bit LabVIEW with the report generation toolkit. Please upload your VI so we can run it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,744 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Syrine

Hi Fred and Gregory,

I actually don't know what happened because I modified nothing on the block diagram but the vi ran perfectly fine. 

Thank you for your help !

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,729 Views)

I am having the exact same issue with the exact same error message. Although this was marked as solved, no solution was provided. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,550 Views)

Hi Sam,

That is a very generic error code, so the fact that you got the same one does not tell us much. Please start a new thread with a description of your problem and code.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,539 Views)