From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem during connecting the oscilloscope

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Im writing a program for measring a signal from Tektronix TDS3054B oscilloscope

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(2,820 Views)

Hi Im writing a program for measring a signal from Tektronix TDS3054B oscilloscope but during the running of the program it got an I/O error at the GPIB-read component. do you have any good suggestion for this problem. the picture of the secound sequence is athached  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(2,816 Views)

If you are asking for help, I suggest the following:

1. The error you are getting

2. Version of Labview and OS

3. GPIB card if NI or not

4. Condition when the error occurred

5. The VI itself instead of the picture.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(2,810 Views)

I would recommend you use the driver instead of your code. Definitely dump the sequence structure and use VISA functions instead of the low level GPIB.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(2,791 Views)

this is just a little part of the program Im trying to write. but the error is occurring here.

Im using Labview 2010 and windows vista enterprise.

the error is  :   Error 6 occurred at GPIB Read in test1.vi

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(2,788 Views)

You are aborting the 'AUTOS EXEC' it seems. Like I said, use the driver instead of trying to reinvent the wheel.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(2,784 Views)

sorry Im new in Labview . what do you meen with driver?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(2,777 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author parsa

The Instrument Driver Network has links that explain what a LabVIEW driver is and how to use one. Then go to the earlier link I gave you and download the appropriate driver. I would recomend the project-style driver.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(2,772 Views)

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(2,764 Views)

Hi again

I have tried the VISA functions but I steal have the same problem. I can communicate with the Oscillator and send commands but not reading from it. I attach my new program.

the error is as following: Error -1073807339 occurred at VISA Read in test2.vi

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(2,741 Views)