LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem creating standalone exe application

Solved!
Go to solution
I am trying to create a stand-alone application, ie, .exe file for a rather large program. The program includes several "instr" libraries, including "TD2024", "AGN6700", "AGILENT 6700", and several others. When I try to build, or look at the "general preview" I'm getting errors which indicate conflicts and also errors due to files called "tree.vi" in several of the libraries. My application also includes configuration and header files. My question is when trying to create the .exe should I include the entire "instr.lib", or only those files in the individual instrument library which I need? Also how do I resolve conflicts due to VIs in the file with the same names. For example "AGILENT 34970" and "AGILENT_E364X_Series" both contain a file called "initialize.vi". I'm fairly new and I've only created simple .exe files
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,649 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author chuck72352

Hi chuck,

normally you only need to insert the starting vi and the dynamic loaded vi's. All other vi will be included automatically. As far as i know the application builder will change the names of duplicates.

Mike

Message 2 of 5
(2,635 Views)

Mike,

Thanks, your solution worked. I was trying to load all the files except the starting VI in the "Always Included" section under source files. When I left that blank and only included the starting VI in "Startup VIs" everything worked. Just curious what is a dynamic loaded VI?

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,626 Views)

When I run my .exe file is it necessary to have the .ini file (configuration file) and the .txt file (used as a header for an output file) in the directory or are they compiled in with the .exe file?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,623 Views)

Hi chuck72352,

you can call vi's dynamically if you open a reference to it with the "Open Vi Reference" function.

I'm not sure which ini and txt file you mean, but the Exename.ini will be created automatically with every start of the exe, if the ini is not present in the same folder.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,610 Views)