LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing a legend

Solved!
Go to solution

I am looking for a print-friendly legend to use as a resource.  I have started working on a project that is very far along and I do not have the original author to help.  If I had a few reference pages I can print to help with following the block diagrams it will lesson the slope of what is steep learning curve.  I have not found anything like this on the website so if somebody could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,387 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sekutma
What is the problem with the context help? Turn it on and the help window displays function information.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,378 Views)

That does help alot but me and coworker are rather new to labview.  We printed off the entire block diagram and pieced it together on a board to help us follow the big picture.  A legend would help us with some of the more obscure icons.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,374 Views)

If you turn on the labels of all sub-vi's you'll see their names, that should help. You could make a small vi that runs through all vi's and turn on labels, then print it.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,371 Views)
If the block diagram is bigger than a single screen, you are entitled to track down the original programmer and beat him/her with a wet noodle.

Quite frankly, I think paper copies of a block diagram are a waste of time and effort. Once upon a time, there was a printed manual. It was quite large and if you didn't know what a function was, it would take forever to page through it to find a function. Do you really want a printed document hundreds of pages long?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,360 Views)

No, hundreds of pages is not desirable.  However the previous idea sounds better.

Thanks everybody, context help is still the best solution so far.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,333 Views)