From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print two objects without Report Gen Toolkit

Solved!
Go to solution

Okay, I do not have the RGTK and I only need to print two items.  A serial number text box with multiple entries and a chart.  Is there a was to do this?  I have been unable to find any examples that don't use a special tool...

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,846 Views)

Have you tried exlploring the built in examples that ships with LabVIEW? If not try it out sometime where you can see some beautiful example... However here is one which uses activex to do your task on MS excel.

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\examples\comm\ExcelExamples.llb\Excel Macro Example.vi

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\examples\comm\ExcelExamples.llb\Write Table To XL.vi

I guess you want to print them in MS word or excel...

Regards
Guru (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,831 Views)
I'm looking at the examples but it's not quite what I'm needing.  Turns out there are plenty of options in the Print command to print the front panel... Is there a way to programmatically run this print command?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,824 Views)
There are VI methods for printing. And, long before properties and methods existed, you just passed the values to a subVI that was set to automatically print when completed (VI Properties>Print Options). I still use this one, by the way.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,818 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sterry
This should work. You need to give it an address for the VI that you want to print.
Tim
GHSP
Message 5 of 8
(2,816 Views)

Thanks.  The print vi you sent looks like it would work alright.  I'm trying to load it while inside my program and I do only want it to print the visible items.  So attached is the code I came up with.  I'm only a novice user so any idea why I might be getting this error?

Open VI Reference in Print Panel.vi->Hydrostatic Test.vi
To load a VI into memory with the Open VI Reference function, a path must be wired for the VI Path input.

VI Name: L:\Hydrostatic Test.vi

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,809 Views)

My bad, the error is :

Error 1004 occurred at Open VI Reference in Print Panel.vi->Hydrostatic Test.vi

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,796 Views)
Your vi worked perfectly 🙂  I just forgot that since it was loading as a string and not a path that it was just the filename, not the full path.  Arigato!
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,788 Views)