LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re:Need help!Create a VI that plots an ellipse.

Hi,

I need to create a VI that plots an ellipse.attached is the problem detail and what i have done.

May I know how to apply that formula?use formula node or mathscript?

Can lead me to the solution.

Hope to hear from the replys ASAP due to deadline this coming friday.

Thanks

Vic

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,617 Views)
You can do better than that. At least try to write some code or read the LabVIEW help. This is not a homework service. 
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,614 Views)

Totally agree with Dennis Smiley Happy

Well, I give some hints.

Find a formula to translate from radian to xy plane, and sweep from 0-2pi to find xy.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,571 Views)

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
Message 4 of 9
(4,558 Views)

Hi,

I will try out first then.thnx

Rgds,

Vic

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,525 Views)

You are of course welcome to ask any Labview related question in this matter, or any other matter.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,506 Views)

Hi,

Can help me look at tis problem?

According to my question,it's required to be used the below equation.

r^2= A^2*B^2/(A^2*sin^2(ф)+B^2cos^2(ф)) inputs are A, B and r with 0 <= ф <= 2*pi

However I don't understand why the r is the input parameter.What if I wish to display the r result instead of controller but there will be wire connetion problem due to same type array.

Any suggestion?

Thnx!

Vic

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,451 Views)

A vast majority of people plotting ellispses are doing so for homework and the title of your VI is another hint.  So some general remarks.

The cynic in me says the person assigning the problem knows more LV than math and was a little sloppy.  The fiendish person inside me says trick question.  The helpful person says that you should separate (in your mind) inputs to the VI from inputs to the plot (still sloppy wording).

Take standard ellipse centered at origin x^2/a^2 + y^2/b^2 = 1, convert to polar coords, should look familiar.

Hint:  Useful functions to explore in Complex Number palette.  Possible brownine points with instructor:  Look at what datatypes you can plot directly with an XY graph.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,443 Views)

Wikipedia have some inteeresting stuff on the elipse

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,431 Views)