LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preventing .jpeg files from being generated/saved

I'm trying to capture a graph on the front panel into an .html file using the case structure in the attached .vi.  The case structure works but I keep getting  a jpeg file in the form of CT0327xxxxxxx.jpeg saved in the C:\vibration data directory each time a capture is performed.  How do I keep this image from either being generated or saved?  Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by GSO on 09-12-2007 10:33 AM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,855 Views)

Your attachment is not there. If you clicked the preview button, you have to reattach.

Not sure what you are asking for. The jpg file is the image of the graph that you want to include in the html file. If you don't save the image of the graph, there's nothing for the html file to point to and nothing to been seen.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,842 Views)
.vi should now be attached.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,836 Views)
In the function Append Control Image to Report, there is code to create a unique file name for the image file. The file name is based on the current date and time. I've circled the pertinent section of code in the image below. You could modify the function to use a file name that you pass in or just use a constant. If you modify the VI, be sure to save it with a new name and in a new location. If you ever plan to have more than one image in a report, then you could not use a constant on the block diagram. You would have to pass a file name in.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,833 Views)
Dennis;

Could you attach the image of the code you're referring to?  Thanks--Kurt
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,828 Views)

Sorry. Here it is.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 09-12-2007 11:18 AM

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,821 Views)
Thanks for your time Dennis.  Much appreciated.  I'll give it a try this afternoon. -- Kurt
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,804 Views)
Your original question was about preventing the image files from being created. For a simple html file, this is not possible. Images can't be saved into an html file, they are linked. In order to include images with the report, you need to use another file format. I use ActiveX to communicate with MS Word to create reports. You could buy the Office Report Generation toolkit to simplify this. Word documents and Excel spreadsheets can embed images so that the report will be contained in one file.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,803 Views)
Mark;

I just checked and I have the toolkit you're referring to because it came with the developer's suite.  I'll check it out.  Thanks for your help as well.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,793 Views)