From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preparing for CLAD exam with LV Basics I and II

Hi

This is my first post, so I want to say hello to all the users. I am currently preparing for CLAD exam. I participate in a course containing material from Core 1 and Core 2. I also have a CBT Labview Basics I and II kit. Does this CBT kit still cover all topics needed to pass this exam? It says that it`s almost 6 years old, so I want to ensure that it`s still worth of using it. Thanks for all the answers.

Message 1 of 13
(14,771 Views)

Cheers,

I'd recommend to use material found here https://lumen.ni.com/nicif/us/ekitcladexmprp/content.xhtml instead of using 6 years old material.

BR,

Jick

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(14,757 Views)

Thanks for Your answer. When I click "CLAD Exam Preparation Resources", the link takes me to nowhere.  So I can`t really find any useful sources there. So I assume that You don`t recommend me to use Basics I and II.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(14,753 Views)

Basics I & II / Core I & II are probably the best preparation tools. Also go thru practice exams. http://zone.ni.com/wv/app/doc/p/id/wv-1950 this could also be useful.

Good luck when you are ready!

Jick

Message 4 of 13
(14,744 Views)

The link in Jick's post works for me.

As to age of your training materials--the CLAD exam is not about the latest features of LV, it's about the basic structures and navigation.  Make sure you really understand about indexing and searching an array, concatenating string, adding arrays, how the iteration terminal in a loop works and when it gets updated, and what will be the value of every terminal in a loop before and after ever iteration.  You should know the purpose of each connection on the array functions I mentioned.  Review the differences between graphs and charts, and the various common types.  Drill yourself on those basic things and you'll do fine.

Good luck,

Ed

Edward Motts
Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
Message 5 of 13
(14,731 Views)

To add to Eds very good suggestions, I would say Know how shift registers work, feed back nodes, and something that threw me somewhat, the many intricacies of error handling. As suggested you need to know EVERYTHING about arrays, and as also suggested you really need to know the differences between graphs and charts.  I found the book "LabVIEW for everyone" very helpful. One more thing, you should be able to completely BLOW AWAY the NI practice exams, including the fundamental exam. If you're only hitting the 80's on these , keep studying!

Alan

Message 6 of 13
(14,722 Views)

Thank You for all Your answers. I`ll keep studying LV Basics I and II, read additional info from Core 1 and Core 2 course manuals and take practice exams. Wish me luck 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(14,703 Views)

Another couple things to add. I posted this comment a little while ago which reiterates what ajmartin said: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Do-I-need-Core-3-to-do-CLAD-exam/m-p/1402686#M546312
"Also be aware, I've spoken to quite a few CLAD exam takers in the last year and they all agree that the current CLAD exams are much harder and trickier than the sample exams here on ni.com. One taker for instance missed only one question the first time he took the sample CLAD exam but failed the actual exam by a couple questions. So make sure you're overprepared!"
Someone on the NI community made a pretty comprehensive list of preparation materials here:
Additionally, quite often we work with preparing people for the CLAD exam so I made a video examining a very common type of CLAD question:
You can take a look at the notes there which have a few more links to CLAD preparation resources. I'll include this one where someone on the NI community made a pretty comprehensive list of preparation materials:
Good luck!
Brian Spears

Message 8 of 13
(14,679 Views)

i am preparing for clad exam what is CBT Labview Basics I and II kit can i have it please

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(10,842 Views)
CBT is Computer Based Training. Instead of paying and attending the classes at a training center, you can purchase self-paced versions.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(10,833 Views)