LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port opened with TCP Listen.vi continues to accept TCP Open Connection.vi calls after closed

Sarah,

Thanks!  I've coded a TCP Listener based solution for my application to get around the problem, so it won't be holding me back.  Just thought NI would like to know.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(1,180 Views)
Hi, Jeff.

I'm glad you've found a workaround, and we definitely appreciate your willingness (and persistence!) to pursue this. Also, if you have some nice workaround code, you may want to post it so other forum readers can bypass this apparent bug until it's fixed.

Either way, have a nice weekend.
Sarah K.
Search PME
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(1,176 Views)
Sally,

Here's an example of a workaround TCP Server that only accepts one connection (using the TCP Listener insead of TCP Listen).

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(1,171 Views)
Sarah,

Did R&D find a fix for this problem?  Does a later version of LabVIEW fix this issue?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(1,076 Views)
Hi JeffH4,

This issue has been reported and is under investigation by R&D.  I'm sorry for any inconvenience but I do not have further information at this time.

Regards,
Elizabeth S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(1,054 Views)
Well, it's been over a year since the problem was reported.  Isn't there a Problem Report database that can be accessed to find out the status of the fix?  Or a keyword search on the same database?  Or is there no insight whatsoever from the forum users to the NI developers to document that this problem was even looked at by the NI developers?
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(1,037 Views)

Hi FMonkey,

Thank you for your simple instructions.  I was able to reproduce this error and filed a report to R&D (# 4BAHL189) for investigation.  Thank you for the feedback. 

Regards,

Elizabeth S.

Application Engineer

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(1,016 Views)

Hi JeffH4,

This issue has been fixed in LabVIEW 8.2 as I was unable to reproduce the same problem.  Typically, the report number is posted in a discussion forum when a bug in reported to R&D.  Unfortunately that was not the case in this instance so it has proven more difficult to track down the issue.  Again, I’m sorry for any inconvenience. 

Regards,

Elizabeth S.

Application Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(1,013 Views)

It would appear that this issue has resurfaced in (at least) LabVIEW 2014. I haven't checked later versions of LabVIEW yet.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(477 Views)

@Theo_Koi wrote:

It would appear that this issue has resurfaced in (at least) LabVIEW 2014. I haven't checked later versions of LabVIEW yet.

See discussion here: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/TCP-IP-feature-or-bug/td-p/832692

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(473 Views)