From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polynomial

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

Using line profile, i've obtained a curve representing the trend of pixel on an image, now i want to apply to this curve a polynomial to get a more linear trend eliminating the disturbs; but before doing this i have to select(interpolate?) some points of this curve(this points will be the input of my polynomial). How can i do this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,854 Views)

In the mathematics palette, there are multiple polynomial functions for finding roots, evaluating polynomials, polynomial curve fitting, etc. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,834 Views)

Since this is in 2D a plain polynomial will not work since the coordinates can overlap (e.g. the curve could zig-zag up giving multiple y for a given x and multiple x for a given y.

If you have x and y as a function of time, you can create two polynomials x(t) and y(t) and create a parametric graph of the interpolated curve. The polynomial itself will do the interpolation. I don't understand why you think you need to pich extra points.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,828 Views)

So to enter the data obtained with the line profile in the polynomial how should i do?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,813 Views)

What datatype is the "line profile"? Can you attach some typical data?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,809 Views)

I have to connect the line profile with the polinomial. The "untitled 4.vi" is a draft and i don't know how to connect the two parts.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,795 Views)

Your attached code does not contain any data.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,779 Views)

The data are the points that i have to extrapolate from the curve given by the line profile and that are the inputs of the polynomial. That was my first question

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,775 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author IlDama

Again, your VI as posted contains no data.

You can use "polynomial fit" to get the coefficients then use "polynomial evaluation" to calculate the function for an arbitrary x ramp.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,764 Views)