LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polar Plot

Hello!

Im trying to do a polar graph but I cant make it work, I have created a simple example of waht I need to do, please if someone knows what is wrong with my VI, can you help me please.

In the NUMBER and Number 2 controls, place a -1 and a -1 . This is because I want to create like a "fasorial constellation" of a BPSK modulation!, but I dont want to use the modulatio toolkit. I have attached a picture of what i want my graph to look like.

If a bit is 0 it equals a -1 and if a bit is 1, it equals 1. Please help!

Mensaje editado por Special K
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,443 Views)

Hi Special K,

I have looked at your code and it does actually do what you want it to do. It is displaying a point at -1, -1. The problem is, the point is only one pixel big so unless you are staring straight at the screen, you can't actually see it. Would it be okay to display the plot with lines joining the points together? Or do you really want it completely without lines?

Thanks

Andrew McLennan
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,387 Views)

Hi,thanks for answering.

I dont want a line joining the points, I actually want a line comming from the center to each point. I dont know what to do, because it graphs me like a XY graph and not a plolar. Like a vector. Like the diagram I have attached previosly

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,368 Views)

Hi Special K,

I have edited your code to make a polar plot as you wanted. Its basic operation is to plot one of the points and then plot the second point in the origin. This will draw a line between these two points. You will need to plot a point in the origin for every other point so that everything is drawn as a vector. Please let me know how you get on. The VI is in 8.5. if you need another version, let me know.

Thanks,

Andrew McLennan
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 4 of 7
(3,356 Views)

The polar graph seems static, changing the values doesn't change the polar graph, whereas i think he was looking for vectors to be displayed.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,589 Views)

Hi Kevshart,

welcome to this forum!

So your first post is about a 9 year old thread/VI making wrong statements?

When I change the values in the VI (those two array constants!) the plot changes too…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,580 Views)

GerdW,

Indeed the plot does change, so kudos. Didn't know there was a statute of limitations on commenting, regardless i only stated the obvious as i was doing a project where i also needed vectors opposed to polar like OP, and the communities help was invaluable even tho it was in polar. Thankyou

BTW if you decide to welcome anyone else, i wouldn't be calling them shart there hotshot.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,560 Views)