From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting three variables

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

I am using a XY graph to plot a time series together with some measurement data. However, I want to include a third variable in the plot. This variable is a constant (straight line), but the XY graph doesn't seems to accept more than two variables? Any idea how this can be fixed?

Greetings

Kristoffer

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,157 Views)

Not sure I understand what you mean, you have a plot (array of X,Y) and you also want to have an horizontal straight line on the graph?

You can either add a second plot (multiplot Xy graph) or maybe simpler to add an horizontal cursor.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,153 Views)

Hi Sjefsgjogleren,

Have a look at this:-

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/4322

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks as kudos only:)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,149 Views)

@TiTou wrote:

Not sure I understand what you mean, you have a plot (array of X,Y) and you also want to have an horizontal straight line on the graph?

You can either add a second plot (multiplot Xy graph) or maybe simpler to add an horizontal cursor.

Correct. I have a plot of array (X,Y), and want to add a horizontal straight line to the same graph.

Greetings
Kristoffer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,147 Views)

@Sjefsgjogleren wrote:

@TiTou wrote:

Correct. I have a plot of array (X,Y), and want to add a horizontal straight line to the same graph.

Greetings
Kristoffer

Can you post your code. This should be a real simple take to complete.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,132 Views)

I have attached an image of what i try to do. From the image the time series (in datatype timestamp) that is plotted together with the measurement data can be seen. I want to add third variable to the plot (the blue numeric line). I would gladly posted the whole code, but it is to big and consist of to many subVIs so i guess there is no point.

Greetings

Kristoffer

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,128 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sjefsgjogleren

Without more information, here is how I would do it.

Example.png

Tim
GHSP
Message 7 of 13
(3,126 Views)

The only change I would make is to make the last plot just 2 elements (min X and Max X,  horizontal Value)- this requires very little extra data in the plot.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,115 Views)

Or you can use a cursor to look like a horizontal line and move it to the location you desire.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,110 Views)

But, depending of the settings chosen by the user, the new variable might not be the same every time the program is executed.

Greetings

Kristoffer

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,104 Views)