LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting graph not respect to time

I want to plot a graph which the Y-axis is the BER and X-axis is the Received Power. I want to write an automate application where I will reduce or varies the Received Power(or transmitted power)with time of a laser and see the variations of the BER. All the graphs VIs in Labview are respect to time(x-axis). How can I plot this BER versus Received Power graph?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,154 Views)
Actually, the graphs are not with respect for time, but with respect to a number. The default is called time, but is in fact just a number. A graph is built from a 2D array in which each 2 cells are a point (one cell for X and one for Y). If you build your array using BER and power, you'll get what you want. Then, by right-clicking on the graph and selecting properties, you can change various settings, including the format and name of the X axis.
If you're using a chart, and not a graph, you're out of luck. Charts are for time, so you'll have to switch to a graph. Click Help>>Find Examples and search for "Graph" to find examples of how to work with graphs.