cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot multiple y axis from csv file

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I have the attached csv file. And I want to be able to plot the first column as the x axis, and the second two columns as two separate y axis on the one xy plot.

I am not sure why my coding is not working.

Thanks in advance.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,742 Views)

Go into your graph's property settings.  Go to Plots page.  make sure your 2nd plot is set for the 2nd Y-axis.  Right now they are both assigned to the 1st Y-axis.

Use Block Diagram Cleanup to straighten your wires.

Message 2 of 5
(2,733 Views)

Thanks for the quickreply RavensFan.

However, I thought they were on different axis? Please see screenshots of properties

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,728 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ENGINEERALEX

I swear the first time I opened your code, it looked like the properties weren't set that way.  But after your message, I closed and reopened and checked again.  They were.

I do see problems with your Read Spreadsheet file function.

1.  You are only reading 3 rows.  Delete that 3 constant.

2.  You don't have a constant set for delimiter.  Unwired it defaults to a tab.  You need to add a string constant and put a comma in it.

3.  Your index array is picking Rows 0, 1, and 2.  You want to pick Columns 0, 1 and 2.

When I fix those things, I see two lines and both stretch the full length of the Y axis, each on its own with different Y scales.

EDIT:  Actually something is odd about the way you wired your data.  Your column 0 became the Y axis for both,.  And columns 1 and 2 become X axes.  When I go and fix your auto-scale issues on the graphs, your graph axially looks like the second chart.  I think you mixed up your X and Y columns.  Make sure you understand how your data is saved in your file, and understand the differences between rows and columns, and the order that you bundle the arrays to make a plot.

Graph%20plot-1

After fixing X and Y axes so they all auto-scale

Graph%20plot-1

Download All
Message 4 of 5
(2,719 Views)

Those steps sorted it!

I had my inputs to the bundles the wrong way round, looks much better now.

I really appreciate your help with this issue, thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,692 Views)