LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot electricity usage to Waveform Chart every hour of the day

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all i would like to know what settings should i do to my waveform graph so i can display hourly electricity usage for a day. I only want 24 markers on the x axis and for this graph to only update once every  hour and reset after 24 hours. The picture bellow is something like what i would like to achieve. 

Image result for hourly electricity consumption data

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,376 Views)

No setting

use XY graph... and put time stamp in the X and Kw/h in Y.

The formatting will be done automatically. You can set custom details in the parameter of the XY graph.

Benoit

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,365 Views)

Hi,

you can directly edit the waveform graph by going to its properties and setting the X-axis to 24. Under the scales section of Graph properties make sure you remove Autoscale, set min value to 0 and max to 24. please see below Graph_properties.PNG

Resetting the graph can be done via setting the property node (value) to 0. make sure you initialize a counter for each hour ticks which will reset the value for this Property node to 0.

Regards 

Jits

Message 3 of 5
(2,358 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author edmund99

@edmund99 wrote:

I only want 24 markers on the x axis and for this graph to only update once every  hour and reset after 24 hours.

Use a Waveform Chart.  Set the Update Mode to be "Scope".  That will cause the display to clear once it reaches the end of the display.  To make it even better, have a good look at my nugget here: Sporadic Waveform Chart

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 5
(2,335 Views)

Thanks crossrulz & everyone for the inputs, would take a look at all of them and try it in my LV programme!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,308 Views)