From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot electricity usage to Waveform Chart every hour of the day

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all i would like to know what settings should i do to my waveform graph so i can display hourly electricity usage for a day. I only want 24 markers on the x axis and for this graph to only update once every  hour and reset after 24 hours. The picture bellow is something like what i would like to achieve. 

Image result for hourly electricity consumption data

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,409 Views)

No setting

use XY graph... and put time stamp in the X and Kw/h in Y.

The formatting will be done automatically. You can set custom details in the parameter of the XY graph.

Benoit

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,398 Views)

Hi,

you can directly edit the waveform graph by going to its properties and setting the X-axis to 24. Under the scales section of Graph properties make sure you remove Autoscale, set min value to 0 and max to 24. please see below Graph_properties.PNG

Resetting the graph can be done via setting the property node (value) to 0. make sure you initialize a counter for each hour ticks which will reset the value for this Property node to 0.

Regards 

Jits

Message 3 of 5
(2,391 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author edmund99

@edmund99 wrote:

I only want 24 markers on the x axis and for this graph to only update once every  hour and reset after 24 hours.

Use a Waveform Chart.  Set the Update Mode to be "Scope".  That will cause the display to clear once it reaches the end of the display.  To make it even better, have a good look at my nugget here: Sporadic Waveform Chart

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 5
(2,368 Views)

Thanks crossrulz & everyone for the inputs, would take a look at all of them and try it in my LV programme!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,341 Views)