LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Piloter Agilent 33120 A depuis Labview

Yes I missed to do that for the printscreen but I usualy do and it doesn't work. The program always stays at the "Initialize.vi", nothing happen next and I can't stop the program myself...

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(910 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(909 Views)

I commonly download drivers and DONT put them in instr.lib (shock horror I see people saying) - the reason for this is that when we donload drivers we want to include them in the Project source code and distribute them with it, so it is easier to add themto the project directory.

I suspect the files you think are missing are sitting in an *.llb in the download

- Yup I have just checked they are all there.

Download to your chosen location,

Extract

Create a new project - amkes finding the files easier

Open extracted file ag33xxx.llb - VI Tree

Browse for all files not found - all files should be found in either ag33xxx.llb or ag33xxx_u.llb (check path looking for when loading)

Save all files in project

Done!!!

James

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(885 Views)

Thank you for your answer. All files are find now but the program still doesn't work. When I activate the highlight execution I can see that the program blocks at the "Initialize.vi" (you can see the green arrow on the print screen)...

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(879 Views)
It's probably waiting for the handshaking. Are you sure that matches what is set on the instrument?
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(873 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:
It's probably waiting for the handshaking. Are you sure that matches what is set on the instrument?

This isn't one of those Agilent instruments that supports multiple methods of communications is it? - if it is then Dennis is prbably correct and by default the instrument is probably setup to use GPIB as the prefered method of COMs or something else.

- You are using a NULL Modem cable to connect the instrument to your PC - I haven't come accross an Agilent instrument on RS232 that does not require a NULL Modem cable to comminucate.

James

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(868 Views)

Do you know if it's possible to change the propreties of the instrument in order to the prefered method be with RS 232,

No i'm not using a NULL modem, just a RS232 wire female connected to a RS232 male wire itself connected to the RS 232 port female of the PC, actually i linked two cables.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(864 Views)

@Lucette wrote:

Do you know if it's possible to change the propreties of the instrument in order to the prefered method be with RS 232,

No i'm not using a NULL modem, just a RS232 wire female connected to a RS232 male wire itself connected to the RS 232 port female of the PC, actually i linked two cables.

1) Check you cable - for NULL Modem you need Pin n at one end wired to Pin n at the other. - Correct me if I've got confused please Dennis

2) Read the User Manual for the product it should be possible to verify/change your communications type by pushing buttons on the front (also check baud rate parity and other serial settings configured.)

James

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(860 Views)
A null modem has the wires crossed. Tx to Rx. You marred to verify this with an ohmmeter!

Refer to your manual for selecting serial and it's properties.
Message 19 of 21
(855 Views)

Do you think i really need to use NULL modem ?

Does my method is wrong? i mean connecting two RS232 wires one to another?

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(850 Views)