From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permissions Issue After Upgrade

Solved!
Go to solution

I pulled a suite of VI's off of a Mac running LabVIEW 2013.  I copied the suite to a Windows 10 PC and to a newer Mac, both running LabVIEW 2020.  The transfered files worked fine on the PC, but I am having a permissions issue when I open any of the files on the Mac.  I made sure the file permissions in macOS were wide open.  Here is the error message I get for every file:

LabVIEW: (Hex 0x8) File permission error.  You do not have the correct permissions for the file.  You do not have permission to read the file 'Example.vi'.

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,535 Views)

I have to say this sounds  like a problem with the Mac OS and not a LabVIEW problem.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,496 Views)

@sullivnc wrote:

I pulled a suite of VI's off of a Mac running LabVIEW 2013.  I copied the suite to a Windows 10 PC and to a newer Mac, both running LabVIEW 2020.  The transfered files worked fine on the PC, but I am having a permissions issue when I open any of the files on the Mac.  I made sure the file permissions in macOS were wide open.  Here is the error message I get for every file:

LabVIEW: (Hex 0x8) File permission error.  You do not have the correct permissions for the file.  You do not have permission to read the file 'Example.vi'.

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.  Thank you.

Just to be clear, you copied the files from the old Mac to the Windows 10 PC, and then you copied the files from the old Mac to the new Mac?  You didn't copy it to the Windows 10 PC and then copy it from the Windows 10 PC to the new Mac?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,491 Views)

That's correct.  I only mention the Windows PC at all because if anything, I thought I'd have trouble going from Mac to Windows, not Mac to Mac.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,454 Views)

Hmmm, sorry, I'm not a Mac-oriented person; I'm hoping that someone can make use of the information you have given us.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,449 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sullivnc

Problem solved.  Granted LabVIEW Full Disk Access.

Message 6 of 6
(1,432 Views)