LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peculiar Case: Numeric control turns into an indicator

Dear Experts,

In my vi, I have placed a numeric control next  to the Cluster 2. When I drag the numeric control into the cluster it automatically turns into a numeric indicator. Could someone explain the reason and how to declare a numeric control in cluster 2?

Also, Kindly let me know whether I will be able to pass an input from Cluster 2 and be able to receive in 'Cluster'. Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,367 Views)

Without looking at your VI, I'm guessing your cluster is an indicator.  You can't mix controls and indicators in a cluster.  The cluster as a whole, and therefore all  of its contents, is defined as a control or indicator.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 7
(2,346 Views)

What are you actually trying to accomplish here?

You have a cluster of controls in a "sender" loop that is flattening and sending data to a a "receiver" loop that will unflatten and put the values in a cluster of indicators.

Now is sounds like you are trying to put a control into cluster 2 of the receiving cluster and expect that value to "flow back" to the sending cluster?  If so, that violates all rules of dataflow.

Message 3 of 7
(2,320 Views)

Learning! In my case I want to be able to send and receive mix of controls and indicators. Kindly advice me which is the best approach to do so. Thank you Crossrulz in advance for your expert guidance!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,319 Views)

Dear RavensFan, Yes you are right, kindly what technique is suitable to send and receive a mix of controls and indicators. Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,315 Views)

You need to separate out your data into different clusters.  One cluster for data going from one loop to the other and another cluster for data going back the other way.  You another TCP/IP write and read to send the data in the other direction.

Message 6 of 7
(2,294 Views)

Thank you dear RavensFan. Kindly let me know if any other technique other than cluster could be used to achieve the same.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,288 Views)