cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password characters in text box

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have just started , so my question might be a little naive....

I have a data acquisition VI which I want to password protect using the input dialog VI.

I am attaching a sample program.

Is there any way to hide the characters that are being entered as "*********" ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,703 Views)

You can hide the characters by selecting Password display of Control:https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvhowto/password_display/

-If you don't event want to show the asterisk (*), i am not sure about this.

Thanks
uday
Message 2 of 9
(4,699 Views)

Hi Uday,

Actually text box is not a control & does not have that 'password' option.

But anyway , I have been studying an old post where the solution has been provided by converting the express VI into normal VI.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,682 Views)

Instead of using Express VI use your own sub VI with a string control and select the Password display by rightclicking on string icon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,680 Views)

The updated VI works......

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,676 Views)

Actually I want this to appear as a pop up when I run my main program , not as a control sitting there permanantly......that is the reason why I am using the dialog express VI.

Is there any way to make a string control appear as a pop up when I run my labview program....

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,672 Views)

Check this tutorial to make custom dialog boxes:

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/8768/en/

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,665 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author shantanu@india

call this vi in your main VI it will run as a pop up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,663 Views)

Thank you very much....

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,655 Views)