From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass/Fail counter question. [Help]

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello! Can someone please help me figure out how to count the # of Passed & Failed Samples below? Each test samples has to go through series of test procedure (Test - 1, 2, & 3) and I need to determine if the sample has passed or failed base on the test procedures..

Thanks!

20245i270262C424C53156

One Step At A Time, Maybe Two...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 33
(4,590 Views)

Hey there

What are the conditions for the pass and fail and do you have a VI with a completed block diagram you could attach to your reply?

Regards

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 33
(4,573 Views)

Actually I have no control for conditions, I'm just pulling the data using DB Connectivity Toolkit... The attached information is diced out from the table I've gathered from our database.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 33
(4,562 Views)

The OpenG Search Array will give you the indices of each, the Array Size returns a count.

20259i7BE1EC569A35F1CF

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 4 of 33
(4,553 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author KowdTek

Jim's solution will give the number of Pass events and the number of Fail events.  I'm thinking that the OP wants a number of samples that passed or failed, not a pass/fail count.  Look at the two indicators in his front panel picture.  A sample passes only if it passes all three tests, otherwise it fails.  I have modified Jim's code to return the number of samples that passed and failed, rather than a simple pass/fail count.

20261iD3563BC1DFAD53BD

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 5 of 33
(4,546 Views)

Thanks for those who replied... The last example works great but since my application will be use to a several machines I will need to define the number of test procedure (TProcedure) on each one.

Thank you very much guys!!!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 33
(4,540 Views)

Create a numeric control and call it Num Tests or something like that.  On the block diagram, delete the numeric constants with 3 in them, and wire the control to those points.  There are only two instances and they are the bottom input to the Quotient & Remainder functions.  Then just enter how many tests there are in the numeric control,

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 33
(4,524 Views)

That's the plan... Smiley Wink

Thank you...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 33
(4,521 Views)

@tbob wrote:

Jim's solution will give the number of Pass events and the number of Fail events.  I'm thinking that the OP wants a number of samples that passed or failed, not a pass/fail count.  Look at the two indicators in his front panel picture.  A sample passes only if it passes all three tests, otherwise it fails.  I have modified Jim's code to return the number of samples that passed and failed, rather than a simple pass/fail count.

20261iD3563BC1DFAD53BD

How do you tell the difference betweeen:

• One sample failing all three tests
  • Three different samples failing one test each? 

Message 9 of 33
(4,513 Views)

If we can assume that the test are arranged in a regular pattern, three tests in a row for each sample, here's what I would do.

(Also assuming that the capitalization is the same for all "Pass" and assuming anything that is not a pass is a fail. ;))

Download All
Message 10 of 33
(4,505 Views)