From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel loops with graphs that have the same timing.

Solved!
Go to solution

How would I be able to match the timing of both graphs, so that the data will line up. I am using an agilent multimeter connected via GPIB for the right graph and an encoder for the left graph. Thanks.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(822 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ssutt

Your code is just a worm that runs downhill to completion and at the very end your are updating the two graphs.

If you want both on the exact same timebase, place all code in one loop. Right?

Also note that your value property nodes are just plain silly and some cause obvious race conditions!

(We tent to be able to give more specific help if we can see the VI instead of staring at pictures.)

Message 2 of 5
(804 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Also note that your value property nodes are just plain silly and some cause obvious race conditions!

Some quick hints:

altenbach_0-1651868644316.png

• Your "signed count" property node will most likely get read way before the indicator receives the new value. Race condition!!!!
  • Changing the "encoder resolution" while the VI is running will give incorrect results because the value does not match the earlier static configuration.
  • I suspect that the "Reset" terminal is in the other case. Place the terminal after the case structure and wire to it from both cases. No value property needed!
  • How would the code change if you would just delete the "OR FALSE" part of the code? No difference!
  • etc. etc.....
Message 3 of 5
(800 Views)

Thank you very much. I don't know why i  did not try them in the same loop before. Thank you for the feedback.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(729 Views)

Thank you for the feedback. I erased the property node and just wired it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(724 Views)