LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel acquisition

Hi,

I have PXI based data acquisition system for high sampling data. Parallel to that i have RGA which interface with same PC on serial bus.

In PXI system i configure system when VI run and wait for even in which i have 3 events, start single short acquistion, save acquired data in file, stop program.

I would like to integrate RGA system in the same VI, so that i will continuously display RGA data and when start acquisition event occured in the PXI it will store data till the single shot acquisition complete. 

I don't know how i can do this.

Can any one suggest me how to do parallel loop acquisition with data passing from one loop to other loop and stop program when stop button pressed?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,138 Views)

Hi Vkumar,

Can any one suggest me how to do parallel loop acquisition with data passing from one loop to other loop and stop program when stop button pressed?

This is explained in the beginner tutorials offered (for FREE!) in the Training section in the header of the LabVIEW board. Did you take them?

Some keywords: queues, notifiers, channels, and many more…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,118 Views)

Next time, please define your acronyms. RGA can have many meanings.

Instead of using long ambiguous sentences, please attach a simplified version of your code so we can see what you are trying to do. Even the words "parallel", "continuously", etc. are very poorly defined here. For example a parallel FOR loop has a very specific meaning, but that's probably not what you are talking about.

@Vkumar wrote:

Is there a data dependency between the loops? How? Which one is the "one" loop and which one is the "other" loop? Why do you need more than one loop?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,114 Views)

Typical for these situations, I use main loop for the GUI and/or a state machine.  I will then use a Queued Message Handler (QMH) for each of my acquisition sources.  The main loop can send commands/messages to the other loops via queues.  For a GUI loop (typically just a loop with an Event Structure in it), I tend to use User Events to allow the QMHs to send data back.

You might also want to consider yet another loop specifically for logging the data.  This loop would also be best as a QMH.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,098 Views)