LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel Generation and Acquisition

Hi to all.I'm using cRIO 9002 with NI 9215 and 9263 modules.
I want to know if it is possible to make a generation and an acquisition in parallel in the same VI. Can you give me some  suggestions how to make it?
because i've seen some posts in the forum but nobody has made it to work.
Tnx for the help
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,077 Views)

Hello Martin,

Yes, it is definitely possible. Are there any specific questions that you have on how to do this?

If you have each operation working separately, it should not be too difficult to combine them into one VI. The main thing to be careful with is how to structure the communication between the host VI and the FPGA VI for each of these operations so that they do no conflict with one another.

The generation portion of this application will depend on your specific needs. Do you need to generate a continuous signal or a finitie signal. Will the signal be repetitive so that you can store the whole waveform on the FPGA, or do you need to stream it continuously from the host VI? What type of signal is it?

What version of LabVIEW are you using?

authored by
Christian L, CLA
Systems Engineering Manager - Automotive and Transportation
NI - Austin, TX

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,067 Views)
I'm using labview 8.0
I've done one VI for the acquisition and it works and one for the generation and it works too.
I want so to generat a sinusoidal signal with armonics and interarmonics and i want at same time acquire what i'm generating.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,060 Views)

Martin,

Have you tried combining both of your VIs into one? Are you running into any specific problems? Can you post your example code that you have questions about?

authored by
Christian L, CLA
NI - Austin, TX

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,054 Views)

Martin,

Please take a look at this example posted on DevZone.

(This was just added today, so you could not have found it before.)

authored by
Christian L, CLA
NI - Austin, TX

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,024 Views)