cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe and LabView20 software development

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm currently using PXIe platform in my lab with installed LV20 on it. I also use a desktop PC with a separate LV20 installation and license. So two working places, two PC machines and two licensed LV20 installations on them.

I would like to know the following. Am I fully able to develop LV20 software with PXI VI's on both of the machines above? Do I need to install some additional plug-ins on the non-PXI PC?

Because I'd like to sit in my office working on my PC and only sometimes debug and run the code on the PXI platform.

Please ask any question for additional informations. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,208 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sruk

As long as you have the same modules and toolkits installed, both should show the same functions. There are some items that populate depending on the computer where you're running: for example DAQ channels and VISA resources. However, these do not affect the functions displayed in the block diagram or installed in the environment.

Are there any particular VIs or functions you're concerned about?

Another common approach when developing in a Windows PXI controller is to use remote desktop from the laptop (assuming is safe to do so), and it's a route I often take when using this platform because of its convenience.

Also remember to use source code control, for sure. This is another method that makes easy developing on both machines and making sure the code is backed up and synced properly.

All the best,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,168 Views)

Thanks Oscar,

You did made some things clearer for me. Actually, as it turns out, I was missing a DAQmx installation on my PC so I wasn't able to open modules required for PXIe initialization etc.

That's all sorted out now, and I can work on both platforms with VI's. I'll be forced to work with a Remote desktop while debugging so this is also a good to know.

Regarding the SVN, I was working previously with the SVN for C/C++ source files so I'll figure out how to adopt that functionality with the LabView source.

Thanks again, I'll contact you if I ran up with some more bottle necks - since I'm new to the PXIe system.

Kind regards,

Mario

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,142 Views)