From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI delay between modules

I have two PXIe-4137 modules (SMU) in a single chassis with an 8840 controller.  I would like to set a delay between the two (roughly 6.8 ms).  The first SMU is to be triggered via software for DC voltage (multiple measurements for 40 ms). The second one is to perform a Pulse Voltage measurement (50 volts, 1.5 amp).  I can configure the two SMU tasks and route a trigger such that they start at approximately the same time (measure trigger from SMU1 to SMU2), but I can't seem to delay the pulse event.  There does not appear to be a Pulse Voltage parameter for a delay between the "pulse start trigger" and the rise of the pulse.  Is there a way to delay the routed trigger?  Would I need a third module to handle the timing between the two?

I'm not sure i can achieve the necessary delay with two separate software triggers.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,290 Views)

Can you just set both tasks to be trigered with different trigger delays?   There's a DAQmx Trigger property node where you can set the delay value.  See below.

-Kevin P

trigger delay.png

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,267 Views)

That looks interesting, but a NI-DCPower instrument handle can not be wired to a DAQmx property node.  How would I go about this using NI-DCPower? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,233 Views)

Is this not possible with simple trigger routing between two SMUs to set a delay between the two?  Or did I define the target function poorly?

This is something I need to accomplish as I need a pulsed output for the voltage/current ranges required.  Do I need additional hardware?

In case I simply explained poorly, here is a crude diagram of the timing I'm trying to achieve.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,211 Views)

Anyone else out there?  I'm no help on this one as I've never used any of the "NI-DCPower" family of instruments.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,202 Views)